The Building Division is primarily responsible for the following functions:
- Building plan review
- Building inspections
- Code administration for building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits
- Permit and inspection services for Alburnett, Bertram, Center Point, Central City, Ely, Lisbon, Mount Vernon, Springville, and unincorporated Linn County
Apply Online - Permit Applications
- Online applications are available to homeowners and contractors for building, electrical, mechanical & plumbing permits.
- For further assistance, step by step instructions are available for contractors and for homeowners.
- A web pin is required for contractors to create an account. To obtain your web pin, email or call our office at 319-892-5130.
- Make a payment on your permit.
- Calculate Valuation. Simply enter the square footage for each applicable portion of your project into the spreadsheet after downloading. Then the form will automatically compute the valuation.
- Find building permit fee based on valuation. Find your valuation using the valuation calculation spreadsheet.
Permit Search & Inspection Requests
- View existing permits and inspections.
- Make an inspection request.
- For further assistance, step by step inspection request instructions are available.
If you have any questions, please contact Planning & Development at 319-892-5130.