Secondary Road Permits
Apply Online - Permit Applications
Online applications are available to homeowners and contractors for the following permits:
Request to build a new entrance, modify an existing entrance, or have an entrance reviewed for a Planning and Zoning case.
Request for a new address to be assigned to a new house or other structure.
No Spray Permit
Request to have an area in the secondary road right-of-way not sprayed.
Work in Right-of-Way Permit
- Burn Ditch
- Ditch Shape or Clean
- Fence Installation/Maintenance
- Light Installation/Maintenance
- Sign Installation/ Maintenance
- To apply as a homeowner, you will not need to sign in or create an account. See application instructions.
- To apply as a contractor, realtor, engineer or other representation, you will need to create an account and sign in. See application instructions.
- A site plan is required for all permits. The site plan can be created online and saved so that you can attach it to the permit application. See site plan instructions.
For assistance, contact the Secondary Road Department at 319-892-6400 or send an email.
Work in Right-of-Way
- No Spray Permit (PDF)
- Utility Permit (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit - Burn Ditch (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit - Entrance Paving (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit - Paved Drive Adjustment on Paving Project (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit - Tile (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit - Underground Fence (PDF)
- Work Within Right-of-Way Permit (PDF)