Welcome to the Newly Redesigned Linn County Website
Thank you for visiting the new Linn County, Iowa website! Our new website is easier to use and features a variety of enhancements to improve your experience and make doing business online with the County faster and easier.
We used data and analytics from our website, responses from user surveys, and County department and leader input to create a better customer experience for you. Our goal is to make the most popular services and top-searched key words easy to find on any device.
Examples of the service-focused features include:
- A new homepage layout that provides easy access to the most popular services, County news, meeting agendas, and easy sign-up for notifications.
- Updated homepage and department access buttons that provide one-click access to the most frequently visited pages of the website.
- Improved navigation by basing the main menu on the most popular searches and pages visited.
- Better functionality for mobile devices, especially for the most-visited pages, including the Treasurer’s Office and the Recorder’s Office.
- "I Want To" self-help feature: Need to register to vote or find your polling place? Find road closure information? Apply for a passport? Contact your elected officials? Expand the menu under the "I Want To" section at the top of each page to find quick answers to common questions.
- An enhanced search bar function with predictive search that offers suggestions as you type in your search terms.
- A font sizing option that allows visitors to increase the font size of the interior pages with a mouse click.
- A new department header for Conservation that improves access to the department’s services and amenities.
Linn County’s website can be translated into different languages with a translation feature on each page, allowing the County to communicate with residents and visitors of different languages. Linn County also strives for Website Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.1 AA compliance with the help of its website service provider.
Most of the content has stayed the same with this refresh, although staff has worked to improve page layouts and navigation and will continue to update each page as needed. Linn County’s website continues to be mobile-friendly.
Linn County’s website received more than 1.8 million visits in 2021—a 200% increase since the beginning of 2020.
Please explore the updated site and let us know what you think by sharing your feedback here!