Welcome to My Care Community
When you need care but don’t know where to turn—My Care Community (MCC) can help. Sometimes you need more care than one organization can provide. That’s where MCC comes in.
MCC is transforming the way community providers work together, connecting partners across sectors and informing policy decisions. MCC partners work together to identify needs and refer individuals and families to resources— supporting opportunities for a safe and healthy community for all.
What is My Care Community?
We're a network of more than 35 health care and social service providers who work together to help you find the care you need. We make it fast and easy to get referrals to doctors, social workers, mental health counselors, healthy food, reliable transportation, opportunities for children to learn, a safe place to live, a good job, and other services that keep you and your family safe and healthy. Since its launch in 2016, MCC partners have been connecting people with the resources they need to be healthy, safe, and well.
What are the benefits?
- Easily refer and connect to local opportunities and services in the community.
- Provides information to reduce double referrals and reduces the amount of information you need to provide.
- Improves the health and well-being of you and your family.
Joining My Care Community is Easy
- Visit a My Care Community partner organization.
- Give the ok for us to work with our partners to coordinate your care.
- We will connect you to the right resources and needed appointments, saving you time, extra phone calls, and extra paperwork.
Your information is always safe and confidential.
Sign Up for My Care Community
It’s easy to join My Care Community. The next time you visit one of our partner organizations, just ask to sign up. You will sign a consent form to let us coordinate care with our partners and we will take care of the rest!
Resources for Individuals
These providers are part of My Care Community. Together, they help you access the resources you need to stay healthy and safe:
- Abbe Center for Community Mental Health
- Area Ambulance Service
- Area Substance Abuse Council
- CarePro Health Services
- Catherine McAuley Center
- Cedar Rapids Fire Department
- Community Health Free Clinic
- Mental Health/Disability Services of the East Central Region
- Eastern Iowa Health Center
- Foundation 2
- Four Oaks
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP)
- Heritage Area Agency on Aging
- His Hands Free Clinic
- Horizons, A Family Service Alliance
- Linn County Access Center
- Linn County Community Services - General Assistance
- Linn County Public Health
- Mercy Medical Center
- Metro Care Connection – Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Tanager Place
- UnityPoint Health—St. Luke’s Cedar Rapids
- United Way of East Central Iowa
- Waypoint Services
For more information review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF).