- Public Health
- Community Partnerships
- My Care Community
My Care Community
When you need care but don’t know where to turn—My Care Community (MCC) can help. Sometimes you need more care than one organization can provide. That’s where MCC comes in.
MCC is transforming the way community providers work together, connecting partners across sectors and informing policy decisions. MCC partners work together to identify needs and refer individuals and families to resources— supporting opportunities for a safe and healthy community for all.
What is My Care Community?
We're a network of more than 35 health care and social service providers who work together to help you find the care you need. We make it fast and easy to get referrals to doctors, social workers, mental health counselors, healthy food, reliable transportation, opportunities for children to learn, a safe place to live, a good job, and other services that keep you and your family safe and healthy. Since its launch in 2016, MCC partners have been connecting people with the resources they need to be healthy, safe, and well.
What are the benefits?
- Easily refer and connect to local opportunities and services in the community.
- Provides information to reduce double referrals and reduces the amount of information you need to provide.
- Improves the health and well-being of you and your family.
Joining My Care Community is Easy
- Visit a My Care Community partner organization.
- Give the ok for us to work with our partners to coordinate your care.
- We will connect you to the right resources and needed appointments, saving you time, extra phone calls, and extra paperwork.
Your information is always safe and confidential.
Sign Up for My Care Community
It’s easy to join My Care Community. The next time you visit one of our partner organizations, just ask to sign up. You will sign a consent form to let us coordinate care with our partners and we will take care of the rest!
Resources for Individuals
Care Coordination Technology
Information about the technology used to support care coordination can be found below.
- CyncHealth and Unite Iowa Handout (PDF)
- Unite Us is the tool My Care Community uses to connect people to organizations and programs.
- CyncHealth, a 501(c)(3) organization, is a state-wide public health data utility that gives healthcare organizations the power to connect the dots across all points of patient care.
If you have further questions or your organization is interested in joining My Care Community network, please call Linn County Public Health at 319-892-6070.