Finance & Budget
What We Do
- Prepare annual operating budgets
- Report and analyze performance measures
- Prepare Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
- Facilitate external audits
- Implement and review internal controls
- Develop accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare and administer financial aspects of Capital Improvement Plan
- Analyze and issue debt
- Coordinate installation of financial software applications
- Ongoing management services
Linn County has consistently received recognition from the Government Finance Officers Association for its budget presentation, financial reporting, and popular annual financial reporting.
Linn County's general obligation bonds have been rated Aaa, the highest possible, by Moody's Investor Services. The rating is based on the county's strong financial management, a diverse and substantial economic and tax base, and a low debt burden with a rapid payout.
Homeowners could see up to a 10 percent decrease in their county property taxes in fiscal year 2023. Read on...
These awards represent significant achievement in making government financial information readily available. Read on...