Finance & Budget
What We Do
- Prepare annual operating budgets
- Report and analyze performance measures
- Prepare Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
- Facilitate external audits
- Implement and review internal controls
- Develop accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare and administer financial aspects of Capital Improvement Plan
- Analyze and issue debt
- Coordinate installation of financial software applications
- Ongoing management services
Budget in Brief
Linn County has consistently received recognition from the Government Finance Officers Association for its budget presentation, financial reporting, and popular annual financial reporting.
Linn County's general obligation bonds have been rated Aaa, the highest possible, by Moody's Investor Services. The rating is based on the county's strong financial management, a diverse and substantial economic and tax base, and a low debt burden with a rapid payout.
This is the 28th consecutive year Linn County has earned this award. Read on...
Public Budget Forum is Nov. 14 at 5 p.m. Read on...
The budget continues Linn County’s funding of the key services areas of public health and safety, roads and transportation, the environment, and necessary capital improvements. Read on...