Got Questions About the COVID-19 Vaccine? Find the Answers Here.
Haven’t received your COVID-19 vaccine yet? Here’s what you should know:
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Millions of people in the US have already benefitted from at least one dose of the vaccine. CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can.
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you can resume normal activities without wearing a mask or social distancing (except when required by law or in compliance with local business and workplace guidance.)
- COVID-19 vaccines are widely available to everyone ages 12 and older.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is 100% FREE.
- You do not need health insurance to receive your FREE shot.
- People ages 12-17 can receive the Pfizer vaccine. If you are 18 or older, you can have the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Many places offer walk-in vaccines. No appointment needed. Find vaccines close to you here.
- You can also make an appointment to get your vaccine at a time that’s right for you — this could be at your doctor’s office, a pharmacy, or even your neighborhood grocery store. (Find providers close to home here.)
- Getting your shot is quick and easy. Make a plan to get your vaccine while you pick up groceries. Your visit will last about 15 minutes, but the shot only takes seconds!
Get Help Scheduling Your Appointment
- People who can’t make an appointment online can call 211 or (800) 244-7431 for help finding and scheduling a vaccine appointment. Translation services are available.
- Linn County LIFTS offers free rides to confirmed vaccination appointments in Linn County. To request a ride to a vaccination site, County residents with scheduled and confirmed vaccination appointments can contact LIFTS by phone at 319-892-5170 or by e-mail at [email protected] at least 24-hours in advance.
COVID-19 Vaccine Scams & Misinformation
The FBI has warned the public to be aware of scams related to COVID-19 vaccinations. Learn how to identify scams, avoid fraudsters and verify trusted sources of information here.
Correct COVID-19 Vaccine Information Is Important for Everyone
We will continue to update this page with new information. For questions about COVID-19 vaccine, please call 319-892-6097. Subscribe to receive local COVID-19 Status Updates by using our NotifyMe tool and selecting "COVID-19 Status Update" under the News Flash category.