April 15 through October 15.
- Modern campgrounds are generally open April 15-October 15. Weather and ground conditions may allow for an earlier start or an extension of the season. Campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with the exception of Wanatee Park A-loop, which can be reserved online in advance. Group camping opportunities at Pinicon Ridge Park, Morgan Creek Park, and Wickiup Hill Learning Center can be reserved online in advance.
- Electric service: 20, 30, and 50 amp; water hookup, fire ring with grill
- Dumping station for campers is available for use in each modern campground. However, the Buffalo Creek Park dump station is currently not operational. Campers may use Pinicon Ridge Park dump stations, located six miles away.
- Bundled firewood is available for sale at the campground host site.
- All campers must self-register and pay the required Camping Fee.A camping party may not pre-register for a campsite or place their camping unit on a site that has not been vacated.
- Animals shall not be left unattended if doing so causes either excessive noise or a health or safety concern for the animal or other park users.
- Linn County Conservation Rules and Regulations (PDF). Section 8 details Camping regulations.
- Linn County Conservation Policies and Fees (PDF)
Updates are provided daily throughout the camping season on our first-come, first-served camping areas that have water and electric (modern) service.
|Click on campground below for current campsite availability|
|Pinicon Ridge Park and Buffalo Creek Park|
|Morgan Creek Park|
|Wanatee Park - B Loop|
Learn more about these Linn County Conservation park features.
Buffalo Creek Park, Expected to reopen for the 2024 camping season. More details coming soon.
Morgan Creek Park, 36 campsites
- Flying Squirrel
- Loop-A, 41 campsites
- Loop-B, 28 campsites
- Loop-C, 14 campsites
- Plains, 36 campsites (17 non-electric)
- A-Loop, 24 campsites, (20 with sewer hookup) reservable online
- B-Loop, 45 campsites
Additional Camping Opportunities
Matsell Bridge Natural Area
The Matsell Bridge Natural Area includes 2,000 acres with nearly 12 miles of multi-use trail. A concrete boat ramp, near the maintenance shop and equestrian campground, provides access to the Wapsipinicon River. It is about a 3-hour float to Stone City.
- Equestrian Camping: This campground at 3742 Matsell Park Road includes 11 campsites with hitching posts. No water or electricity is available in this campground. This campground is typically open April 15 - November 15.
- Primitive Camping: Matsell Bridge Campgrounds in the 3700 block of Matsell Park Road provides 15 campsites including 2 pack-in or paddle-in areas. This area is available year round. No electricity or water is available in this campground.
- Water and Firewood: Potable water (April - October) is available next to the maintenance shop at 3742 Matsell Park Road. Due to thefts, there is no longer a self-serve firewood box. Please provide your own firewood.
- Mt Hope, along Stone City Road, previously provided 6 primitive campsites, is now closed permanently for camping.
Wakpicada Natural Area
Tucked behind the Linn County Fairgrounds in Central City (300 block of Central City Road), Wakpicada has 8 campsites available for year-round camping. Equestrian camping is allowed. The area also has a boat ramp available for access to the Wapsipinicon River. Water and electricity is not available.
The Wakipicada Natural Area and Matsell Bridge Natural Area Primitive Campground allow for year-round camping. In addition, the Wickiup Hill Learning Center has a pack-in reservation only camp site available year-round. No water or electricity is available in these areas which allows for year-round camping opportunities.
28 night booklet - $600
Each discount camping coupon pays for all fees associated with one night of camping. Coupons are valid the year of purchase and the following year. Coupon booklets can be purchased from park staff, campground hosts, or at the Linn County Conservation office by appointment. Check or cash is accepted (credit cards are accepted at office by appointment).
Coupons are not valid in Wanatee Park A-Loop Campground.