Utility-Scale Solar Applications
This webpage contains information about all complete utility-scale solar project applications that developers have submitted to Linn County. This page is updated whenever new applications are submitted in full and as the application moves through the review process.
All utility-scale solar applications in Linn County must undergo the same rigorous review process, which includes a series of public meetings. This review process is designed to review all applications thoroughly against the development standards contained in Linn County's utility-scale solar ordinance and will take several months. Additional standards may be imposed as part of the review process.
Applications Currently Submitted
Coggon Solar LLC
- Date Received by Linn County: July 9, 2021
- Staff Report
- Review Status
- This application was reviewed by staff prior to being reviewed by the Technical Review Committee (TRC) and the Planning & Zoning Commission (PZC).
- The Technical Review Committee met to review the application on November 15, 2021.
- The Planning & Zoning Commission met to review the application on November 29, 2021.
- The meeting can be watched in full on the Linn County YouTube channel.
- A note on the votes cast during the meeting: A motion to recommend approval of the rezoning was rejected 3-4. Commissioners mistakenly thought this had resulted in a de-facto recommendation to deny the rezoning and adjourned the meeting. However, the Planning and Zoning Commission must produce a recommendation for the Board of Supervisors and a failure to approve a recommendation does not constitute a recommendation itself. Therefore, the Planning and Zoning Commission reconvened several minutes later and a motion to recommend denial of the rezoning was put forward and approved 6-1.
- View review flow chart and see current review status (PDF)
- Third Party Application Review
- This application was reviewed by Stanley Consultants, Inc. in September 2021.
- Sign up to receive meeting and agenda notifications via text message or email for the Technical Review Committee, the Planning & Zoning Commission, and the Board of Supervisors.