November 8, 2022: General Election
The general election will be held on November 8, 2022 to elected officials to federal, state and local positions. Judges will be on the ballot for retainment.
Polling places will be open on election day from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The general election will use new precincts and polling places following the 2021 redistricting process.
- Pre-registration for voter registration ends Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) must be received in the office by Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- The first day ballots can be placed in the mail is Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
- Early in-person absentee voting for the general election will begin on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 and end at 5 p.m. on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- The deadline line for requesting a satellite for the general election is Thursday, September 22, 2022.
- Absentee ballots MUST be received in our office or ballot drop box by the close of polls on election day to be considered for counting.
- Polling places will be open on election day from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- List of Polling Places by Precinct (PDF)
General Information About:
Download an absentee ballot request form (PDF) and mail to:
Linn County Elections
935 Second St. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
The last day our office can receive an absentee ballot request form (PDF) is Monday, October 24, 2022 by 5 p.m.
Absentee ballots MUST be received in our office or ballot drop box by the close of polls on election day.
The deadline to request a satellite is Thursday, September 22, 2022 by 5 p.m.
Requesting a satellite can be accomplished by gathering 100 signature on a petition form requesting a satellite at a location described on the petition form.