Assistance / Funds

Linn County Veteran Affairs can provide temporary emergency assistance for up to three months. We recommend veterans call ahead for an appointment. Veterans and their dependents may be eligible for basic need assistance, including:

  • Rent
  • Mortgage
  • Utilities


The veteran must meet the following requirements:

  • Must be a resident of Linn County for at least 30 days.
  • Veteran must have received an Honorable Discharge or General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions. If the veteran has more than one military discharge, all discharges must meet this requirement.
  • Veteran must have served 90 consecutive days of federal active duty for other than training purposes or have a VA recognized service-connected disability
  • Must have an emergent need that cannot be met by other means and is not due to their own financial misconduct.
  • Applicant must provide proof of an unexpected expense that caused a financial hardship
  • Must meet the income guidelines established by the Iowa Veterans Trust Fund

All applicants must contact Waypoint Services at 319-366-7999 to assess eligibility for all past due rent and utility assistance. Waypoint is acting as the centralized intake for rent and utility assistance throughout the community.