Property tax payments can be completed in the following ways:
- Online at iowataxandtags.org.
- By mailing payment to Linn County Treasurer at 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404. Make check payable to Linn County Treasurer. Spring payments must be postmarked by March 31. Fall payments must be postmarked by Sept. 30.
- Via drop box in front of the Linn County Public Service Center. Be sure to include your contact information when dropping paperwork in the drop box.
- By phone at 319-892-5500.
- In person at the Linn County Public Service Center, 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids
If paying by mail or drop box, please include the stub portion of the tax statement to ensure proper credit. Residents who would like a receipt must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with their payment.
Service Delivery Fees
|Payment Type||In Person||Online|
|Cash||No Fee||Not Accepted|
|Check||No Fee||$0.30 per transaction|
|Debit Card||$3.25 plus $0.30 per transaction||$3.25 plus $0.30 per transaction|
|Credit Card||2.20% plus $0.30 per transaction||2.20% plus $0.30 per transaction|
Property Tax Redemption of Taxes Sold at Tax Sale
Contact the Treasurer’s office by phone at 319-892-5500 or by email for the required fee and documentation. Due to the high volume of phone calls, phone hold times could exceed 30 minutes.
The Property Tax Division is responsible for collecting taxes for real estate property, mobile homes, utilities, computer equipment, industrial machinery, bushels of grain, monies and credits, buildings on leased land, and city and county special assessments, including delinquent weed cuttings, sewer rental, nuisance abatements, snow removal and alley oiling for all tax levying and tax certifying entities of the county.
The Treasurer is also responsible for conducting the tax sale, processing tax sale redemptions, issuing tax sale deeds, processing tax suspensions, preparing plat and mobile home clearances and administering the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program based on age / income.
New Property Tax Lookup Tool Now AvailableThis new online tool provides increased transparency of the property tax collection and distribution process. Read on...
Second Installment of Property Taxes Due March 31Property taxes must be paid no later than March 31, 2023, to avoid late fees of one and one half percent beginning April 1. Read on...