Family Visitation Center
The Family Visitation Center provides supervised visitation and exchanges under the direct observation of trained professionals who understand and recognize the impact separation has on the safety needs of families with a history of domestic violence. It is designed to safely direct and support you and your family during this time of transition.
What We Do
- Provide supervised visitation on-site between children and a non-custodial parent in the presence of staff.
- Provide supervised exchange on-site in the presence of staff assisting parents in the custody transfer of children to and from each other.
- Work with other community resources and provide referrals to families who may have unmet needs.
Domestic violence is a pattern of behavior that one intimate (or prior intimate) partner exerts over another as a means of control. Examples are:
- Physical and sexual violence
- Threats and coercion
- Intimidation and isolation
- Emotional and economic abuse
Domestic violence is not an isolated event, but rather a chronic abuse of power.
FVC recognizes that each family coming to the center has experienced domestic violence and separation in different ways. FVC also understands that each member in a family will have individual concerns, emotions, reactions and safety needs each time they arrive for a scheduled appointment.
FVC operates under the following guiding principles to ensure you receive services designed specifically for your family’s unique needs:
- Every adult victim of domestic violence and their children have equal rights to safety.
- Each member of the family will receive respectful and fair interaction.
- Individual needs related to culture and special conditions will be considered when setting up services.
There is no cost associated with access to supervised visitation or exchange services.
For your safety and consideration of others, all activities and appointments at FVC are scheduled in advance. Please call 319-892-5776 in advance with inquiries.
For more information or to schedule an orientation, please contact the Family Transformation Services office at 319-892-5776.