Economic & Community Development Fund
About the Fund
The Linn County Economic & Community Development Fund was established to foster and support economic growth and enhance quality of life in Linn County. Economic and Community Development grants are for organizations that are located in Linn County, Iowa or that have a branch location in Linn County and whose work benefits Linn County residents.
For the current FY24 Economic & Community Development Fund, $100,000 is available.
This is a competitive application process.
Fiscal Year 2024 Application
The application packet includes complete application instructions, criteria, evaluation, and application.
The deadline to submit the fiscal year 2024 application is July 28, 2023, at 5 p.m.
Download an application packet for submission instructions.
- Application Packet (Word document)
- Application Packet (PDF)
- Final Report (Word Document)
- Final Report (PDF)
Economic & Community Development grants will be made to organizations that are located in Linn County, Iowa, or that have a branch location in Linn County and whose work benefits Linn County residents.
Applicants who have not completed previously funded projects or submitted the required final report for previous Economic & Community Development grants are not eligible for funding without specific Board of Supervisors approval.
Types of Projects Eligible
Grant funds must be used for programs or projects that benefit Linn County residents. Priority is given to requests for programmatic and capital projects over requests for operating support. Grants must be for expenses that have not yet been incurred.
Preferred applications will be for projects/programs that accomplish the following:
- Promote economic and/or community development growth in Linn County
- Demonstrate return on investment dollars
- Do not duplicate current economic development initiatives
- Demonstrate a sustainability plan for project continuation beyond Linn County funding
Timeline for Fiscal Year 2024
These dates are subject to change at the County's discretion:
|July 28, 2023, at 5 p.m.
|July - August 2023
|Final report deadline
|July 1, 2024
The Linn County Board of Supervisors Economic & Community Development Fund receives more funding requests than it can possibly grant. If support of a worthwhile program is declined, this decision does not reflect on the value of the group or service, but rather on the need to be selective because of limited resources. Preference may be given to new applicants.
For Questions Contact
Email Jessica Black, administrative assistant to the Board of Supervisors
Final Report Deadline
Final reports for the FY24 grant cycle are due July 1, 2024.
Economic & Community Development Fund Recipients
- Linn County Economic and Community Development Fund Fiscal Year 2024 Recipients (PDF)
- Linn County Economic and Community Development Fund Fiscal Year 2023 Recipients (PDF)
- Linn County Economic and Community Development Fund Fiscal Year 2022 Recipients (PDF)
- Linn County Economic and Community Development Fund Fiscal Year 2021 Recipients (PDF)