Here at Linn County we value our
Customer-Centered Culture where our goal is to create a positive customer
experience for internal and external customers.
we do, from budgeting to programming, to delivering products and services, is
guided by our strategic plan that focuses on three outcomes:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Quality of Life
- Financial Health
For the past four years, we have approached our work in terms of “products.” Departments Countywide participate in monthly Learning Institutes where we identify and prioritize our products, identify customers of those products, and use Voice of the Customer feedback to improve a product’s effectiveness or to discontinue products that do not meet our customers’ needs.
Examples of results include:
- Redesigned our website with user testing.
- Implemented an electronic process for the Board of Review to review property assessment petitions that will save more than $5,700 annually by reducing labor, paper, and photocopying costs.
- Created a one-stop permitting process for new home construction in unincorporated Linn County that will save time for residents and contractors by allowing applicants to apply for the building, road entrance (including E-911 address assignment), and well and septic permits all in one place instead of traveling to three different departments.
- Saved labor costs, increased internal efficiencies, and improved satisfaction by streamlining and changing New Employee Orientation to every other Monday.
- Created efficiencies in the Secondary Road Department by providing a tear-off sheet to include with payments for culvert extensions. The tear-off allows homeowners to keep the invoice for their records while providing payment information to clerical staff. Previously, the office often received payments without any documentation attached, which required staff to contact the homeowner for clarification.
We also invest in employee training.
Every new employee participates in our Core Values Academy. This training takes
place over a 6-week period and empowers employees to create a positive
workplace culture by learning about Linn County’s five Core Values and contributing
to our Customer-Centered Culture.
We also offer an employee training
series called LC3 Leadership University. The series includes 12 two-and-a-half-hour
sessions that strengthen our Customer-Centered Culture by focusing on listening
and communication skills, accountability, diversity, teamwork, leadership, and
Last year, we held 53 trainings for
elected officials, managers, and staff to build leadership skills and reinforce
our Core Values and Countywide focus on customer satisfaction. And trainings
are already underway in 2020.
Linn County is on a path to continuous
improvement, enhanced accountability, and greater customer satisfaction.
Through ongoing evaluation of our products and services, we will continue to create
efficiencies and balance the needs of the community with sound fiscal
Provide all customers the most satisfying products while maintaining sound fiscal management in order to enhance the quality of life in Linn County.
Our Core Values
- Communicate openly and effectively
- Demonstrate personal integrity and respect for others
- Be accountable for our actions and decisions
- Recognize valued contributions
- Create a supportive, positive work environment
Customer Satisfaction Policy
Linn County adopted a Customer Satisfaction Policy in 2016 as part of our effort to create a Customer-Centered Culture. The policy provides guidelines to help us use the Voice of the Customer to improve our products and services, all with the goal of improving the customer experience.
Read our Customer Satisfaction Policy.