The Linn County Historic Preservation Commission and the Center Point Historical Society will celebrate the Center Point Depot being added to the National Register of Historic Places, which became official on March 7, 2018.
The celebration will take place Sunday, May 20, 2018, from 2 - 3 p.m. at the Center Point Depot Museum, 700 Washington Street, Center Point, Iowa. The celebration will include a short program at 2:30 p.m. about the National Register and the history of the Center Point Depot. Refreshments will be served and all are welcome to attend.
About the Center Point Depot
- The depot was built in 1914 and provided a true metropolitan interurban connection between Waterloo and Cedar Rapids.
- The depot is one of three original WCF&N (Waterloo, Cedar Falls & Northern) depots, outside of Waterloo, that remain in good integrity.
- In 1956, the last interurban run was made through Center Point.
- The depot currently functions as a historical museum operated by the Center Point Historical Society and as a rest stop for Cedar Valley Nature Trail users.
- The Linn County Conservation board owns and maintains the trail and the depot building.