Linn County has released its fiscal year 2018 Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR). The report provides residents with an overview of how their tax dollars are managed and spent in an easy-to-read format. The annual report is part of Linn County’s ongoing commitment to keep residents informed about the County’s finances and to be accountable for the receipt and expenditure of public funds.
In addition to providing easy to understand financial information, the report demonstrates the vital role of county government by highlighting some of Linn County’s notable accomplishments of the past year, including:
• Groundbreaking for the new Dr. Percy and Lileah Harris Building
• Progress on the voter-approved Water & Land Legacy Bond projects
• Public safety enhancements
• A new branding and logo system
• Maintaining the Aaa bond rating
• Progress on the Safe, Equitable and Thriving Communities (SET) Task Force work
• 2018 Local Health Department of the Year award from the National Association of County and City Health Officials
• Gold designation from the National SolSmart program for advancing solar energy
• Linn County’s first expungement clinic
• National Register listing of the Center Point Depot
An electronic version of the report is available on the Linn County website. Printed copies are available at the Linn County Public Service Center, 935 2nd Street SW in Cedar Rapids.