Cedar Rapids Community School District and Springville Community School District will each have special elections September 9, 2014. Cedar Rapids School voters will decide on a public measure concerning a physical plant and equipment levy. Springville School voters will decide on two public measures. One measure concerns the issuance of General Obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $7,220,000 and the other measure concerns a property tax levy.
Absentee ballots for these special elections are available now at Linn County Election Services in the Linn County Public Service Center, 935 2nd St SW, Cedar Rapids.
Below are the three ways for voters of both school districts to participate in this election.
1.) Vote Absentee By Mail
- Request forms may be obtained from www.LinnCountyElections.org or by calling Election Services at 319-892-5300, ext 1.
- Request forms can be mailed to 935 2nd St SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-2100
- All requests must be received by Friday, August 29 at 5:00 PM.
- Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by Monday, September 8, 2014.
2.) Vote Absentee In-Person
- Office hours for absentee voting are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
3.) Vote at your polling place on Election Day - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Voting hours for Cedar Rapids School District: 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Voting hours for Springville School District: 12:00 noon to 8:00 PM
Vote Center Locations:
Cedar Rapids Community School District
Voters in Cedar Rapids CSD may choose to vote in any one of the following locations.
Kennedy High School, 4545 Wenig Rd NE, Cedar Rapids
Washington High School 2205 Forest Dr SE, Cedar Rapids
Metro High School 1212 7th St SE, Cedar Rapids
Jefferson High School 1243 20th St SW, Cedar Rapids
Springville Community School District
Springville Memorial Library 264 Broadway St, Springville
On the Ballot
For Cedar Rapids Community School: Public Measure E - Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL)
For Springville Community School: Public Measure F – General Obligation Bonds ($7,220,000)
Public Measure G – Tax Levy
Dates & Deadlines
Due Date Event / Deadline
8/29/2014 Last Day to Pre-register to Vote for this Election
9/1/14 Labor Day – Office Closed
9/5/2014 Last Day to Request an Absentee Ballot to be Mailed
9/8/2014 Last Day to Vote Absentee (Auditor's Office)
9/9/2014 Election Day
9/16/2014 Canvass of Votes (date is optional - either Monday or Tuesday after election)
Additional information along with sample ballots may be found at www.LinnCountyElections.org/now.
For questions regarding this election, call Linn County Election Services at (319) 892-5300, ext 1.