Linn County Public Health will be celebrating National Public Health Week from April 1-7, 2019, which is an initiative of the American Public Health Association. During each day of National Public Health Week, one topic is highlighted to bring attention to important public health issues impacting Americans. This year’s daily themes are:
- Monday, April 1: Healthy Communities
- Tuesday, April 2: Violence Prevention
- Wednesday, April 3: Rural Health
- Thursday, April 4: Technology and Public Health
- Friday, April 5: Climate Change
- Saturday and Sunday, April 6-7: Global Health
Linn County Public Health staff will be celebrating each daily theme with activities such as a food drive, and making and displaying pinwheels for child abuse prevention.
About National Public Health Week 2019
National Public Health Week is held every year during the first full week of April as a time to recognize the contributions of public health and highlight issues that are important to improving our nation. National Public Health Week is an initiative of the American Public Health Association.