Winter is here and the Linn County Secondary Road Department is ready. Sign up to receive alerts regarding snow removal operations. Snow removal notifications can be received via text, email, or both.
The Secondary Road Department adheres to the Linn County Snow and Ice Removal Ordinance and the Secondary Road Department Winter Maintenance Operations Policy (PDF) adopted by the Board of Supervisors during winter months. Important points of the policy include:
- No "dry pavement" policy
- Hard surface roads are given priority during and after snow and ice events
- Salt and sand are only applied to hard surface roads
- Rock roads are plowed to provide access to the hard surface system
- Linn County does not remove snow from sidewalks or driveways
- In an emergency, always call 911
Regular hours of operation are Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Hours may be extended during a snow event to 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the direction of the County Engineer or designee.
Linn County Snow Route Maps:
Learn more about Linn County Secondary Roads Winter Operations.