Linn County has released its fiscal year 2019 Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR)(PDF). The report provides residents with an overview of how their tax dollars are managed and spent in an easy-to-read format. The annual report is part of Linn County’s ongoing commitment to keep residents informed about the County’s finances and to be accountable for the receipt and expenditure of public funds.
In addition to providing easy to understand financial information, the report demonstrates the vital role of county government by highlighting some of Linn County’s notable accomplishments of the past year, including:
- Ribbon cutting for the new Dr. Percy and Lileah Harris Building
- Opening of an emergency winter overflow homeless shelter
- Progress on the voter-approved Water & Land Legacy Bond projects
- Public safety enhancements
- A redesigned, mobile-responsive website and mobile app
- Launch of My Care Community with area agencies
- Maintaining the County’s Aaa bond rating
- And more
Printed copies of the annual report are being distributed in today’s edition of The Gazette, Mount Vernon-Lisbon Sun and the Marion Times (Jan. 30). The report will be inserted in the Linn News-Letter on Feb. 4.
Printed copies of the report are also available at the Linn County Public Service Center, 935 2nd Street SW in Cedar Rapids.
Read the 2019 Annual Report (PDF).