LINN COUNTY, IA – Linn County Public Health recommends a phased reopening, in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control and other national organizations. This three-phased approach enables businesses to reopen, and events and gatherings to occur, while protecting the health and safety of employees, patrons, guests, and the general public. Guidance across three phases is determined by ten key disease and resource metrics. These metrics, categorized under epidemiology, health care, and public health, must be met before moving to the second phase of the reopening process.
The first phase of the reopening process is necessary to slow community spread of COVID-19 and avoid overwhelming the local healthcare system. During this phase, recommendations are for limited operations when reopening. The risk of transmission increases as the number of those in attendance grows.
While the community begins to move through these phases, prior public health measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 remain the same.
- Stay home if you feel ill, no matter how mild the illness.
- Continue to practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Use a face covering if social distancing is not possible.
Linn County Public Health encourages businesses and employers, event organizers, and the general public to view additional general guidance, guidance on events and mass gatherings, and business specific guidance on reopening at https://www.linncounty.org/1413/Reopening-Guidance.
Linn County Public Health, an agency within Linn County government, serves more than 225,000 residents of Linn County to prevent disease and injury, promote healthy living, protect the environment, and ensure public health preparedness. Learn more at linncounty.org/health or by calling 319-892-6000. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LCPublicHealth and follow us on Twitter @LCPublicHealth.