Follow these instructions to complete your title transfer if you:
- Purchased a new or used vehicle (car, truck, SUV, motorhome, motorcycle)
- Purchased a new or used trailer (utility, cargo, travel trailer, mobile home)
- Recently moved into the State of Iowa
This document is NOT transfers of boats, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, or OHVs. Those are done with the Recorder’s Office.
EMAIL THE FOLLOWING TO [email protected]
- FULL LEGAL name, current address and phone number for all buyers
- Copy of front and back of the title
- Copy of bill of sale or purchase agreement
- What color is the vehicle?
- What renewal month would you like for registration?
- Is there a lien? If yes, who is the lien holder? What is their address?
- Do you have plates from another vehicle you have recently sold or junked that you would like to transfer to this vehicle?
- If yes, what is the plate number? What is the date you sold or junked that vehicle?
- If no, do you want the standard county design or a special plate design?
We will review your information and build the transfer in the system. Someone from our office will follow up with what the next steps are to complete this process. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new way of doing business. Please allow two full business days for a response from us.