LINN COUNTY, IA – Linn County Public Health continues to provide weekly Community Partner Updates during the COVID-19 pandemic. Weekly updates help keep the community informed about the latest information and resources available, and are accessible by end of business on Fridays at https://www.linncounty.org/1397/Community-Partner-Updates. Available by PDF, the updates are easy to print off or share electronically and typically include:
- Current number of COVID-19 cases, the number of individuals who have recovered, and the number of those who have died from COVID-19 in Linn County, Iowa, and nationally.
- Updates from Governor Reynold’s Office including information on proclamations and TestIowa.
- Updates and resources from the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Linn County resources for businesses, childcare, education, food assistance, funding and grants, housing, volunteer needs, and additional related information as is becomes needed.
- Information about press conferences, press releases, relevant and useful websites, and telephone contacts.
Additionally, Linn County Public Health holds news conferences on an as needed basis due to the local COVID-19 situation beginning to stabilize and the rate of new information and recommendations slowing. The news conferences, when held, are live streamed on Linn County’s YouTube channel and Linn County Public Health’s Facebook page. For 11 weeks, Linn County Public Health, along with community partners, hosted regular news conferences to provide COVID-19 updates to the media and public as the need to inform the public of information and resources available was more frequent.
Linn County Public Health, an agency within Linn County government, serves more than 225,000 residents of Linn County to prevent disease and injury, promote healthy living, protect the environment, and ensure public health preparedness. Learn more at linncounty.org/health or by calling 319-892-6000. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LCPublicHealth and follow us on Twitter @LCPublicHealth.