The Marion Independent School District and Alburnett Community School District are each holding special elections on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The Linn County Auditor’s Office has expanded the number of vote centers available to voters for these elections on Election Day.
Marion Independent School District voters may vote at any one of the following locations:
- Marion City Hall, 1225 6th Ave, Marion
- Ascension Lutheran Church, 2210 Grand Ave, Marion
- Gospel Light Baptist Church, 305 2nd Ave, Marion
- American Legion Post 298, 625 31st St, Marion
- Christ Episcopal Church, 220 40th St NE, Cedar Rapids
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 915 27th St, Marion
Alburnett Community School District voters may vote at any one of the following locations:
- Alburnett United Methodist Church, 221 S Main Ave, Alburnett
- King of Kings Lutheran Church, 3275 N Center Point Rd, Cedar Rapids
- Hiawatha Community Center, 101 Emmons St, Hiawatha
- Robins Community Center, 265 S 2nd St, Robins
The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2.
Voting Early: Curbside and In-Person
Voters may vote early, in-person at the Linn County Auditor’s Office temporary location at the Lindale Mall Food Court Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. through March 1.
Go to LinnCountyElections.org to access all election-related information for Linn County. The following can be viewed or downloaded:
- Absentee ballot request forms
- Election Day information
- Sample ballots
- Voter registration forms
Dates & Deadlines
Event / Deadline
Absentee voting begins
Last day to pre-register to vote for this election
Last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed
Last day to vote in-person absentee (Lindale Mall Food Court)
Postmark deadline for ballots returned by mail
Deadline to hand deliver ballots to drop box at the Public Service Center at 935 2nd St SW in Cedar Rapids by 8 p.m.
Canvass of votes
For questions regarding this election, call the Linn County Election Services Office at 319-892-5300, ext. 1 or email [email protected].