March 8, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Linn County Public Health released additional information on vaccine allocation and distribution in response to the expanded eligibility criteria in a news release on March 7. The release provides additional details about vaccine availability for individuals 16 to 64 with underlying conditions and Phase 1B Tier populations.
Preventing Spread of COVID-19
Business and Events
Linn County Public Health has posted guidance for businesses and event planners to assist with planning events or gatherings. Due to the ongoing pandemic, it is vital public health measures are implemented for the safety of all residents.
Regardless of the venue or type of event, attendees should be prepared to do the following:
- Attendees and staff should stay home when sick
- Attendees and staff should wear a mask or face covering
- A mask or face covering will only be removed if the person is actively eating or drinking
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between all persons not of the same household
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face
Linn County residents, businesses, and visitors are reminded that the mask mandates previously put in place by the City of Cedar Rapids, the Linn County Board of Health, and the Linn County Board of Supervisors are still in effect in Linn County.
Actions to Combat COVID-19
As vaccination efforts continue, Linn County Public Health Actions to Combat COVID-19 have been updated adding additional tiers of recommendations to move toward community recovery. Linn County is currently in Tier 3.
For more COVID-19 information specific to Linn County, visit LinnCounty.org/COVID19..