The 2021 construction and maintenance projects are beginning on Linn County secondary roads, with more than 30 projects and two bridge updates planned.
Construction on County Home Road and the C Avenue Extension is already underway. The improvement project includes the installation of a roundabout, turn lanes, and concrete paving. Additional projects are expected to start throughout the summer months.
Residents can sign up to receive updates on all Linn County Secondary Road construction projects by visiting LinnCounty.org/NotifyMe. Updates will be sent as work progresses.
2021 projects include:
- Blairsferry Road (City of Palo to Cedar River)
- County Home Road (N Center Point Road to C Ave Ext)
- Ivanhoe Road (City of Cedar Rapids to Jappa Road)
- Palo Marsh Road (City of Palo to Bear Creek)
- Shellsburg Road (Benton County to City of Palo)
- Business 30 (City of Lisbon to Cedar County)
- Front Drive and 1st Street (Village of Toddville)
Rock Overlays (portions of)
- 18th Street, Walford Road
- Abbe Hills Road, Linn Grove Road
- Aldrich Road
- Arabian Road
- Bunker Hill Road, Rowley Road, Scotland Road
- Burbridge Lane, C Ave Ext, Old Center Road, Zook Road
- Cummings Ford Road, Boar Road
- Deal Road, Iowa Road, Schultz Road
- Game Club Road
- Gracey Road
- Heatons Valley Road, Jordans Grove Road
- Hindman Road
- Honey Grove Road, Old River Road
- Indian Creek Way
- Linn-Benton Road
- Linn Ridge Road, Red Haw Road
- Lone Tree Road
- Mabie Road
- Marion Airport Road, Stone Road
- Morgan Valley Road, Stallman Road, Scotch Grove Lane, W Cemetery Road
- Seven Hills Road
- Standlea Road
- Stone Road
- Whittier Road
- Burnett Station Road (over Indian Creek)
- Austin Road (over East Indian Creek)
Residents are reminded to obey all traffic signals and signs around construction projects. Do not drive around the barricades in place to protect drivers and road crews.
For additional information on road closures in the Linn County secondary road system, visit Linn County’s road closure and restrictions webpage.