CEDAR RAPIDS, IA – At the 2015 Iowa Governor’s Conference on Public Health, which took place April 14 and 15 in Cedar Rapids, Linn County received a number of awards from the Iowa Public Health Association and Iowa Environmental Health Association.
From the Iowa Public Health Association:
• Linda Langston, Linn County Supervisor and Board of Health member, received the Public Health Official of the Year Award
• Jim Hodina, Linn County Public Health Environmental Public Health Manager, received the Henry Albert Memorial Award
• Linn County Board of Health received the Local Board of Health Award.
From the Iowa Environmental Health Association:
• Jia Sun, Linn County Public Health Environmental Health Specialist, received Rookie of the Year Award
• Linn County Public Health received Health Department of the Year Award.
The theme for the 2015 Iowa Governor’s Conference on Public Health was Public Health is on the Move: Accreditation, Assessment and Assurance. Linn County Public Health recently became the first health department in Iowa to achieve national accreditation from the Public Health Accreditation Board. Accreditation was a major focus on this year’s conference. Linda Langston, Cedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett, and Linn County Public Health Director Pramod Dwivedi gave opening remarks at the conference, which also featured Rear Admiral Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., M.P.H., United States Deputy Surgeon General, as a keynote speaker.