May 27, 2021
For several months, Linn County Public Health has issued weekly COVID-19 Status Updates to keep the community informed of COVID-19 vaccine rollout and other important information related to COVID-19. Due to increasing vaccination rates, decreasing test positivity rate and hospitalizations, the May 27 update will be the final scheduled update. Linn County Public Health will send out COVID-19 Status Updates as needed. To review all Status Updates, visit the COVID-19 Status Update page.
Linn County Supervisors lifted the Linn County mask mandate on Monday, May 24. Local businesses and private property owners may still require customers/visitors to wear masks. Masks continue to be required on public transportation per federal order.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
All Iowans age 12 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
For help with getting a vaccine:
- Most local vaccine providers are offering walk-in appointments.
- Check with the pharmacy or clinic first to ask about walk-in availability.
- Find a vaccine provider at Vaccines.gov
- Text your ZIP code to 438829
- Call 211 or 800-244-7431. Vaccine navigation services are open to anyone 16 years old or older. Translation services are available.
- Homebound individuals can call Linn County Public Health at 319-892-6097
Linn County will not accept COVID-19 vaccine for the week of May 31. Linn County Public Health did not take vaccine for the coming week due to decreasing demand for vaccine, and due to many local providers receiving large amounts of federally allocated vaccine.
Vaccine Distribution Highlights
*Note in the May 21 status update, the graph reflected percentage of total population that had begun vaccination, not fully vaccinated status. The May 27 report reflects the accurate percentage of population that is fully vaccinated.
- Vaccination progress among select populations as of May 27, 2021
- Age 65 and older (36,529 people)
- 85.3% of the Linn County population have begun or completed vaccination
- 80.6% of the Linn County population are fully vaccinated
- Age 18 and older (36,529 people)
- 64.2% of the Linn County population have begun or completed vaccination
- 58.1% of the Linn County population are fully vaccinated
- Age 16 and older (180,375 people)
- 63.5% of the Linn County population have begun or completed vaccination
- 57.2% of the Linn County population are fully vaccinated
- Age 12 and older (192,403 people)
- 61.1% of the Linn County population have begun or completed vaccination
- 53.6% of the Linn County population are fully vaccinated
- Total population (226,706 people)
- 51.9% of the entire Linn County population have begun or completed vaccination
- 45.5% of the Linn County population are fully vaccinated
- A report of COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Dashboard by county is posted at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/
For questions about COVID-19 vaccine in Linn County:
In addition to the Linn County COVID-19 vaccine website LinnCounty.org/Vaccine, updates will also be shared on Facebook and Twitter. Stay tuned to local news outlets for updated information.
Linn County Case Count Data
- Active cases: 1,068
- Currently hospitalized: 9
- Total deaths: 347
- Total recovered: 19,628
- Total cases to date: 21,043
Note: The State of Iowa has transitioned from reporting positive individuals to positive tests. Linn County will continue to report positive individuals. Therefore, numbers from the state and Linn County dashboard will not match.
Additional data on COVID-19 cases is available on Linn County’s case count dashboard.
Linn County Metrics
- Test Positivity Rate*: 16.9%
- *Percent of positive tests to date since beginning of pandemic
- 7-Day Test Positivity Rate: 3.4%
- 14-Day Test Positivity Rate: 4.2%
Additional Linn County metrics are available on Linn County’s metrics dashboard.
For more COVID-19 information specific to Linn County, visit LinnCounty.org/COVID19.