September 15, 2021
Linn County Case Count Data
As of 12:00 PM September 14, 2021
- Active cases: 2,832
- Currently hospitalized: 39
- Total deaths: 376
- Total recovered: 22,341
- Total cases to date: 25,549
Note: The State of Iowa has transitioned from reporting positive individuals to positive tests. Linn County will continue to report positive individuals. Therefore, numbers from the state and Linn County dashboard will not match.
Additional data on COVID-19 cases is available on Linn County’s case count dashboard.
Linn County Metrics
As of September 14, 2021
Test Positivity Rate*
7-Day Test Positivity Rate
14-Day Test Positivity Rate
*Percent of positive tests to date since beginning of pandemic
Additional Linn County metrics are available on Linn County’s metrics dashboard.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Vaccine Distribution Highlights
Vaccination progress among select populations as of September 14, 2021
Percent fully vaccinated as of September 14, 2021
Percent change from two weeks ago
Age 65 and older (n=36,529 people)
Age 12 and older (n=192,403 people)
Total population (n=226,706 people)
Vaccination status metrics are available on Linn County’s metrics dashboard.
COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions are updated frequently.
For questions about COVID-19 vaccine in Linn County:
Preventing Spread of COVID-19
- All cases confirmed and tested for variant type in Linn County in September 2021 are of the Delta variant, which spreads easier and faster than the original virus that causes COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to prevent becoming ill with COVID-19. In addition to vaccination, Linn County Public Health continues to recommend the use of other mitigation approaches including staying home when you're sick, washing your hands, and wearing masks and social distancing as a layered approach to make virus spread less likely.
- In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends that everyone (including fully vaccinated individuals) wear a mask in public indoor settings to help prevent spread of Delta and to keep your family safe. Linn County is in a high transmission or "red" area as defined by the CDC.
COVID-19 Community Resources
- Linn County Public Health is following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidance to control the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The COVID-19 Business and Event Guidance web page has recently been updated to link to current CDC guidance for event planners, workplaces and businesses, and other gatherings.
For more COVID-19 information specific to Linn County, visit LinnCounty.org/COVID19.