The combined City / School Election is November 2, 2021. Linn County Auditor’s Office reminds voters of the following information for this upcoming election.
Early Voting: Lindale Mall and 935 2nd St SW
Linn County voters have the option for in-person, early voting at two locations:
- Lindale Mall through Sunday, October 31 from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday.
- 935 2nd St SW Friday, October 29 and Monday, November 1. Hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Voters must present an ID when voting in-person.
Returning Absentee Ballots
Over 700 voters have not returned their mailed, absentee ballots. Voters can return their absentee ballots four different ways:
- Mail-in absentee ballots must be received by the Auditor’s Office no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021. This is not a postmark deadline.
- Drop their ballot in the white drop box at the Linn County Public Service Center, located at 935 2nd St SW in Cedar Rapids. Ballots must be in the drop box by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 2.
- Bring their ballot and envelope to an early voting location (locations listed above).
- Surrender their ballot and envelope at their assigned polling location to receive an Election Day ballot. Absentee ballots will be ‘spoiled,’ and a replacement ballot will be issued. If absentee ballot and affidavit envelope are not available to surrender, the poll workers may void the voter’s absentee ballot with proof of identification.
Election Day Voting
Voters can find their Election Day polling locations by visiting www.LinnCountyElections-ia.gov/lookup. Polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
For questions regarding this election, visit www.linncountyelections-ia.gov, call the Linn County Election Services Office at 319-892-5300, ext. 1, or email [email protected].