The Linn County Board of Supervisors today approved Linn County’s updated strategic plan for fiscal years 2022-2027. The new strategic plan builds on Linn County’s commitment to a Customer-Centered Culture. The updated plan focuses on five outcomes that represent the issues of greatest importance as identified by Linn County residents who participated in the strategic planning focus group.
Focus group participants were asked to complete the phrase: “A satisfying and successful Linn County will result in…” Participants were divided into several groups of 5 to 7 people and each group came up with five outcomes that they thought were important. All of the outcomes were posted on a board for all participants to see and consider. Following a series of prioritizations and voting, the groups finalized five strategic outcomes.
The next day, department leaders spent a full day listening to the feedback from the community focus group, providing their own feedback, and working to blend the information into broad categories. The Board of Supervisors spent several weeks revising the strategic plan to include customer-focused priorities.
“What makes our new strategic plan unique was Linn County’s approach to inviting community members to help create the type of strategic plan they want to see for Linn County. This approach produced incredible conversations with people from different backgrounds, life experiences, and interests, which makes the new strategic plan a testament to our commitment to a customer-centered culture,” Linn County Board of Supervisors Chair Ben Rogers said.
The focus group was comprised of a diverse group of approximately 30 Linn County residents from all three supervisor districts. The goal was to update Linn County’s strategic plan using the voice of the customer—Linn County residents.
Linn County uses its strategic plan to guide budgeting decisions, department operations, and overall direction for the County.
The five outcomes for Linn County’s updated strategic plan, as guided by Linn County residents, are:
- A satisfying Linn County results in: Customers' confidence that their concerns and aspirations are heard, understood, and addressed with the opportunity to influence policies and procedures regarding County products.
- A satisfying Linn County results in: An equitable place to live and thrive, enabling users and seekers of County products to achieve their personal life goals.
- A satisfying Linn County results in: All roads (physical, electronic, and interactive pathways) enable customers and visitors to reach their intended destinations easily and safely.
- A satisfying Linn County results in: Improved health and safety of residents, citizens, and visitors to Linn County.
- A satisfying Linn County results in: Customers' confidence that their concerns and aspirations are heard, understood and addressed with the opportunity to influence financial policies and procedures regarding County products.
View Linn County’s strategic plan (PDF).