The Annual Five Seasons Veterans Stand Down will take place Thursday, September 1, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Stadium, 950 Rockford Rd SW, Cedar Rapids. This FREE event provides veterans and non-veterans affected by homelessness or at-risk of homelessness with connections to services to improve their lives and aid in transitioning to community living. Doors open and on-site registration begins at 9 a.m.
- 9 a.m. Registration
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome/Opening Ceremony
- 10 a.m.-noon Resource Fair, featuring more than 30 social service agencies providing veteran and non-veteran specific services
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch and door prizes
This is a great opportunity for those in need to reconnect with the community.
Veterans who would like to attend the Stand Down but need transportation can ride free on Cedar Rapids city buses or get a free ride on the Stand Down Shuttle, which will have the following stops:
- Westside pickup/drop-off sites: VA Outpatient Clinic, Ladd Library, Mental Health Access Center, Salvation Army and the Lary A. Nelson Center
- Eastside and Marion pickup/drop-off sites: Dollar General and Azure Apartments (Marion), Willis Dady Shelter, Catholic Worker House, Waypoint, Greene Square Park and VA Resource Center
For transportation questions or to confirm pickup times, call Tish Young, Veterans Memorial Program Coordinator at 319-286-5038 or via email at [email protected].
The Five Seasons Stand Down is a collaborative effort between HACAP Operation Home, community programs, veteran service organizations, local businesses, and many volunteers. The Five Seasons Stand Down is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization by the name of Valor Board.
For more information regarding the Annual Veterans Stand Down contact Tish Young, Veterans Memorial Program Coordinator at 319-286-5038 or via email at [email protected].
Linn County Veteran Affairs
Visit the Linn County Veteran Affairs website to learn more about veteran services and benefits.
Linn County General Assistance
Visit the Linn County General Assistance website to see how Linn County may be able to help families and individuals in financial crisis.
View community resource sheets.