News Flash

Linn County Front Page News

Posted on: September 23, 2022

How to Register Off-Road Vehicles

All-terrain vehicles riding in a field

Off-road vehicles (ATVs, UTVs, OHVs, ORMs, ORVs, snowmobiles etc.) in Iowa must be registered through the County Recorder’s Office or the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR). These vehicles, even if a local ordinance permits their use on certain local roads, are not titled and registered through the Treasurer’s Office like cars and trucks. The deadline to renew a registration is December 31 annually. 

Learn more about registration for off-road vehicles by visiting the Linn County Recorder’s Office website or the Iowa DNR website.

Check your local jurisdiction’s ordinance for information about use of off-road vehicles.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Linn County Front Page News

Linn County Public Health logo

Monkeypox Response and Vaccination

Posted on: August 25, 2022
Outline of a house for Building Safety Month 2022

May is Building Safety Month

Posted on: May 9, 2022
Board Approves FY23 Budget

Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Approved

Posted on: March 23, 2022