“Although the pandemic is still with us, we have renewed our focus on delivering our regular public health services. This report summarizes our ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as our continued work in building a healthier Linn County through community collaboration and a focus on health equity,” said Dr. Pramod Dwivedi, Director of Linn County Public Health.
Highlights from the fiscal year 2022 annual report include:
- Established the position of Health Equity Program Manager.
- Awarded $1.25 million over five years from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to address youth violence in Linn County through the Preventing Violence Among Young Lives (PREVAYL) grant.
- Achieved reaccreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB).
- Completed 7,799 on-site clinic visits, conducted 36,182 communicable disease investigations, administered 7,240 immunizations to 3,600 individuals, including 2,364 COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Completed initial health exams for 300 Afghan nationals newly arriving in Eastern Iowa as part of Operation Allies Welcome (OAW).
- Completed 1,332 food-service inspections and 196 routine aquatic safety inspections.
- Issued 206 septic permits, conducted 146 septic finals, issued 84 well permits, sampled 216 wells for the Grants to Counties program, conducted 65 public water supply inspections, and reviewed 211 time of transfer inspections for home sales.
- Finalized the 2021 Community Health Assessment, engaging over 1,798 members of the community through survey, focus group, or other means.
- Expanded testing for sexually transmitted infections through at-home testing.
- Collaborated with Foundation 2, Linn County Mental Health Access Center, and Iowa Harm Reduction Coalition to launch a harm reduction program for people who inject drugs.
- Health Director Dr. Pramod Dwivedi named President-Elect of the Board of Directors for the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO).
Learn about these accomplishments and more in the Linn County Public Health Annual Report (PDF).