Linn County, Iowa – Linn County Board of Health Chair, Karl Cassell, along with fellow board members, the Linn County Board of Supervisors and Chair Louis Zumbach, and Linn County Public Health staff released the Fiscal Year 2023 Annual Report on Monday, Nov. 6.
“This past fiscal year empowered our staff to turn their focus back to normal operations, as we transitioned out of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Dr. Pramod Dwivedi, Linn County Public Health Director. “The work of our Linn County Public Health staff during FY23 was tremendous and continued pushing us toward our vision of a healthy Linn County. From navigating through the monkeypox outbreak to launching a new, online air quality permitting system to onboarding partners to My Care Community, FY23 was a great year for Linn County Public Health and was filled with many notable achievements.”
Some highlights from the Fiscal Year 2023 Annual Report include:
- Crafted a new strategic plan that will guide our actions for the next three years
- Launched Linn Iowa EASY Air, a new online permitting system for our Air Quality branch
- Tracked 14 ozone and PM2.5 exceedances during the summer months
- Established Fresh Conversations programming in Benton, Cedar, Iowa, Jones, Johnson, Washington, and Linn counties
- Onboarded over 100 community organizations to the UniteUs technology platform, used by our My Care Community initiative
- Partnered with nine local pharmacies to distribute at-home test kits for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Submitted and had a proposal approved for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding to build a mobile medical unit
- Conducted 1,320 food safety inspections, 135 aquatic safety inspections, 45 tattoo safety inspections, and 27 tanning safety inspections
- Utilized $60,982.79 in funding and sampled 299 wells for the Grants to Counties program
- Followed up on 377 elevated blood lead (EBL) contacts in Linn County
- Created a workgroup to focus on racism as a public health crisis
- Developed a quarterly newsletter and monthly blog
Learn more about Linn County Public Health’s Fiscal Year 2023 accomplishments in the annual report.