Linn County has completed a new strategic plan that will guide the work of the County over the next five fiscal years (2017-2021). The plan identifies three strategic goals each with its own set of five objectives that will become Linn County’s primary focus and help guide policy and budgetary decisions for the next five years. The goals focus on improvements in customer service, public service systems and infrastructure, and communication.
The strategic plan was developed with elected officials and department leaders to ensure a comprehensive review of county functions, services, and priorities. The planning process highlighted many areas of strength within Linn County government, including financial stability and provision of core services and infrastructure.
“We are very excited about our new strategic plan,” Linda Langston, chair of the Linn County Board of Supervisors said. “We are working to create a culture of continuous improvement within county government through the use of transformational thinking, and this plan will help us move forward with that effort. Department leaders will be expected to incorporate these goals into their annual work plans and budgets and provide regular updates on how they are progressing.”
Over the next five years, Linn County will focus resources on these three strategic goals:
Linn County embraces a customer-centric culture that provides excellent service for all using transformational leadership and strategies.
• Establish high expectations supported by tools and resources to advance the customer experience in all departments.
• Utilize key performance indicators that measure, manage, and advance the customer experience in all departments.
• Effectively use technology to enhance customer service with both external and internal customers in all departments.
• Continue the work of the Transformational Leadership Steering Committee to help develop processes and support improvement throughout the organization.
• Develop the potential of the workforce by providing educational and training opportunities in all departments.
Public Service Systems and Infrastructure
Linn County provides public service systems and infrastructure promoting health, safety, and well-being to provide a high quality of life.
• Establish organizational and community resilience and excel in emergency preparedness and response.
• Include design, energy efficiency, and accessibility standards in every new Linn County construction project.
• Improve accessibility for existing public service systems and infrastructure.
• Maintain the award-winning and excellent budgetary and fiscal management of Linn County.
• Continue to invest in conservation and recreational infrastructure such as parks, trails, and watershed management.
Linn County engages in effective and responsive communications with its customers.
• Communicate proactively with customers on issues that have direct impact on their lives.
• Promote the accomplishments, activities, and services of Linn County to residents and visitors.
• Provide accurate and timely responses to customer questions and concerns.
• Regularly and systematically solicit opinions and input from Linn County residents.
• Develop opportunities to enhance interdepartmental communications.
Linn County’s strategic plan is available on the County’s website at www.linncounty.org.