Board of Supervisors Meeting Recap
The following is a recap from the Linn County Board of Supervisors meetings the week of March 19-26, 2021. The Board of Supervisors:
- Received a COVID-19 update from Linn County Public Health
- Received a presentation of the Compensation Board recommendation for fiscal year 2022 (FY22) elected officials salaries
- Rejected the Compensation Board’s recommendation for an FY22 salary increase for elected officials and approved a resolution documenting no salary increase for Linn County elected officials and their deputies in FY22
- Held a public hearing on proposed FY22 budget
- Certified and adopted FY22 budget
- Discussed the Board of Supervisors’ policy regarding Temporary Use Permits for 2021 and decided to review each request on a case-by-case basis until further notice
- Received an update regarding the County’s 2021 website redesign from Communications Director
- Received an update on Audit of Federal Awards from Finance Director
- Approved a resolution setting the amount to be assessed for nuisance abatements
- Approved a resolution authorizing road closures for various road construction projects to be completed in 2021
- Approved a purchase order for a portable traffic signal system to be used on construction projects for the Secondary Road Department
- Approved a purchase order for AVL\GPS system for the Secondary Road Department
- Approved Kernels Concessions – Prospect Meadows Liquor License
- Approved Liquor License for the Gardner Golf Course
- Met with and received updates from directors of the following departments: Linn County Community Services, Conservation, Public Health, Information Technology, and Sustainability
- Received a legislative update from Policy & Administration staff and discussed legislation currently pending in the Iowa legislature
- Provided Board member reports of their activities, meetings, and project updates
NOTE: Board of Supervisors Meeting Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the Board’s meeting agendas. This recap is provided by County staff as a public service and is not an official record of Board action. The official record of approved minutes from Board of Supervisors meetings are approved at future meetings and are available for viewing after approval.
Board agendas, minutes, and meeting videos are available on the Agendas and Minutes webpage.
Subscribe to receive agenda notifications.