Sept. 17-24, 2021
The Week in Review is a weekly digital newsletter from Linn County, Iowa.
Blackout Plates in Short Supply
The Linn County Treasurer's Office is running low on non-personalized blackout plates. Less than 40 sets of plates are available in the office and there will be a delay in receiving more from Iowa Prison Industries due to staffing issues on the production line. The Treasurer's Office is expecting a shipment of new plates in early to mid October.
Personalized blackout plates can be ordered through the Iowa DOT website. However, order fulfillment for personalized plates is also experiencing delays due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Cedar Valley Nature Trail Improvements Almost Complete
The contractor for the Linn County Conservation Cedar Valley Nature Trail Improvement Project has started hard surfacing the six mile segment of trail from Center Point to Urbana. The project may appear finished in some areas, but additional modifications and safety improvements are needed prior to the trail reopening in full in mid-October.
Board of Supervisors Meeting Recap
The following is a recap from the Linn County Board of Supervisors meetings the week of Sept. 17-24, 2021. The Board of Supervisors:
- Met with and received an update from the following departments: Planning & Development, Purchasing, and Facilities
- Received a COVID-19 update from Linn County Public Health
- Held a canvass of votes for the September 14, 2021 Special Election-North Linn Community School District
- Heard presentations from the Linn County Fair Association, The History Center, and the National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library for Legacy and Community Attraction Grant funding
- Discussed and approved a vacancy form for an IT Project Manager for the IT Department
- Approved a Class C Liquor License for BK’s Bar, 803 Vernon Valley Dr., Cedar Rapids, retroactive to September 15, 2021, noting all conditions have been met
- Discussed and approved Assessment Year 2021 Business Property Tax Credit Allowances and Disallowances
- Approved and authorized the Chair to sign, retroactive to September 15, 2021, a letter to Rachel Rockwell, Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation, in support of Foundation 2 Crisis Services for their Group Violence Intervention (GVI) proposal.
- Received and placed on file the Linn County Outstanding Warrant Report submitted by Linn County Auditor's Office
- Approved a resolution for a Residential Parcel Split for Dale Butz Subdivision, case JPS21-0014
- Authorized the Chair to sign agency agreement between Linn County Community Services and Fresh Start Ministries for the RISE program for the period of 7/1/2021 through 6/30/2022.
- Approved and authorized the Chair to sign an "AmeriCorps Host Site Memorandum of Agreement" contracting Green Iowa AmeriCorps members from University of Northern Iowa/Green Iowa AmeriCorps effective September 1, 2021 through August 20, 2022 in the amount of $8,000
- Held a final hearing and adopted a resolution on the apportionment of the assessment of the cost of the secondary road assessment district for improvements to Wildlife Road.
- Held third and final consideration of Ordinance Amendment, rezoning case JR21-0004, request of Kari Shetterly, owner & Aaron Beik, petitioner, to rezone 0.11 acres located at 1636 Fox Hollow Road from the AG (Agricultural) zoning district to RR1 (Rural Residential 1-acre) district. Request was approved.
NOTE: Board of Supervisors Meeting Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the Board’s meeting agendas. This recap is provided by County staff as a public service and is not an official record of Board action. The official record of approved minutes from Board of Supervisors meetings are approved at future meetings and are available for viewing after approval.
Board agendas, minutes, and meeting videos are available on the Agendas and Minutes webpage.
Subscribe to receive agenda notifications.