Board of Supervisors Meeting Recap
The following is a recap from the Linn County Board of Supervisors meetings the week of March 10-17, 2023. The Board of Supervisors:
- Approved a vacancy form requesting an accounting manager for the Auditor’s Office
- Authorized Risk Management Director to sign a claim service agreement with EMC Risk Services for third party administration of workers’ compensation claims
- Received and placed on file Treasurer’s (Auto Dept.) report to the County Auditor receipts and disbursements for the month of February 2023
- Approved a resolution for 28E agreements between Linn County and the City of Center Point for rental housing and property maintenance inspection services
- Approved a resolution for a property use request for permission to use the Linn County Community Services Building conference rooms for the purpose of holding Wellness Recovery & Action Plan Training during the week of March 27 through March 31, 2023
- Authorized Chair to sign a certificate of self-insurance to allow Linn County employees and agents working with Early Care and Education Supportive Services intended to increase access to extended day and year high-quality wraparound care
- Authorized Chair to sign a certificate of self-insurance to allow Linn County employees and agents working with Nurturing Parent Program – Long Term to provide short term home visitation family support services to Linn County families
- Authorized Chair to sign a certificate of self-insurance to allow Linn County employees and agents working with Nurturing Parent Program – Short Term to provide short term home visitation family support services to Linn County families
- Authorized Chair to sign a settlement with T. Washington
- Held third and final consideration on an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances, Linn County, Iowa, by amending provisions in Chapter 107, Unified Development Code, relating to accessory dwelling units
- Canvassed 1st tier votes for the March 7, 2023, Special Election for College Community School District Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL) and Springville Community School District PPEL
NOTE: The Board of Supervisors Meeting Recap briefly summarizes topics from the Board's meeting agendas. This recap is provided by County staff as a public service and is not an official record of Board action. The official record of approved minutes from Board of Supervisors meetings are approved at future meetings and are available for viewing after approval.
Board agendas, minutes, and meeting videos are available on the Agenda and Minutes webpage.
Subscribe to receive agenda notifications.