Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked elections questions.
- How do I register to vote?
- Update Your Voter Registration or Register Online Must have an Iowa Driver's License or Non-operator ID
- What is on the ballot? Enter your address to view a sample ballot.
- How do I request an absentee ballot?
- Track your absentee ballot.
- Where do I vote? Enter your address to find your polling place.
- Who are my elected officials?
November 7, 2023, City and School Board Elections
Regular City & School Elections
Elections will be held countywide for school board members, city councils (if any) and Kirkwood Community College Board of Trustees (if any).
On election day, voters will need to vote at their assigned polling place which will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sample ballots will be online once ballots are approved.
Important Dates and Items:
- Pre-registration for voter registration ends Monday, Monday October 23, 2023 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) must be received in the office by Monday, October 23, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- The first day our office can accept absentee ballot request forms (PDF) is Tuesday, August 29.
- The first day absentee ballots can be mailed is Wednesday, October 18.
- Early in-person absentee voting for the special election will begin on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 and end at 5 p.m. on Monday, November 6, 2023.
- The deadline for requesting a satellite is Monday, October 9, 2023.
- Absentee ballots MUST be received in our office or ballot drop box by the close of polls on election day to be considered for counting.
- Polling places will be open on election day from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Candidates List (PDF)
The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Monday, Oct. 23 at 5 p.m. Read on...
New hours start Sept. 1. Read on...
The election will be held Tuesday, Sept. 12. Read on...