How do I qualify for Linn County Veteran Affairs emergency assistance?

To be eligible for emergency assistance the veteran/applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • Must be a resident of Linn County for at least 30 days

  • Veteran must have received an Honorable Discharge or General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions. If the veteran has more than one military discharge, all discharges must meet this requirement

  • Veteran must have served 90 consecutive days of federal active duty for other than training purposes or have a VA recognized service-connected disability

  • Must have an emergent need that cannot be met by other means and is not due to their own financial misconduct

  • Applicant must provide proof of an unexpected expense that caused a financial hardship

  • Must meet the income guidelines established by the Iowa Veterans Trust Fund

Questions? Call 319-892-5160 or stop by our office at: 1240 26th Ave Ct SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Show All Answers

1. How can I contact Linn County Veteran Affairs?
2. How do I qualify for Linn County Veteran Affairs emergency assistance?
3. How do I enroll for VA medical benefits?
4. Does the Department of Veterans Affairs have a 24-hour crisis line?
5. Are there local agencies that I can contact if I am experiencing a mental health crisis?
6. How do I get a ride to the Iowa City VA Hospital?
7. How do I get Veteran designation on my Drivers License?
8. I need to contact the VA Cedar Rapids Medical Clinic. What is the address and phone number?
9. I need to contact the Iowa City VA Hospital/Iowa City VA Health Care center. What is the address and phone number?
10. What is the contact information to the local Vet Center?
11. I am a veteran and have a service-connected disability that limits my ability to work. Who can I contact about employment?
12. What is the local contact information for veterans who are homeless/near homeless?
13. How can I order my discharge papers/DD214?
14. How can I find out more about the Iowa Veterans Trust Fund benefits?
15. How can I get documentation of my current VA Disability Rating?
16. How can I apply for benefits/manage my benefits/manage my healthcare?
17. How can I get information about agency resources in Linn County?
18. Is there a website where I can get Veteran specific information /resources in Linn County?
19. How do I find applications for the Military Service Tax Exemption and the Disabled Veteran's Homestead Tax Credit?
20. Where do I find information on Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs (IDVA) State Benefits?