Do I need a permit to widen my driveway?
Yes. The permit costs $50.00 To apply, come to the Engineer’s Office at 1888 County Home Road in Marion. We will need to know the top surface width you want where the driveway crosses the right of way. Residential driveways can be 16’ – 24’ wide and Commercial driveways can be 16’ – 30’ wide. After you apply for the permit, a technician will go to the property to check sight distance, drainage and ditch depth. The technician will note on the permit the width and length of culvert needed or that a dry fill is allowable. The County does not supply the materials or install the culvert. The property owner is responsible for extending the culvert if needed.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to widen my driveway?
2. Can I put in a second driveway?
3. I am building a new house. There is a driveway already there but it is for a field. I want to use the same driveway. Is that possible?