Do I Register at School or Home?

College Students have a choice about where to register to vote. Students must decided between the school or home address for voter registration purposes. 

Registering at Your School Address

Students attending college in Linn County may register at their school address. You must plan to return after temporary absences, like summer break, but do not have to plan to reside at that address permanently.

Students attending Coe College or Cornell College must include what dorm/building they are residing in. Unfortunately, both college campuses cross precinct boundaries which require additional information like your dorm/building name. This additional information allows our office to place you in the correct precinct and issue the proper ballot.

Voter Registration Forms

Registering at Your Home Address

Students may choose to register or remain registered at a permanent address in Iowa or outside the state. In this case, students may need to vote by absentee ballot.

Show All Answers

1. I am a student at a college outside of Linn County. Can I still vote in Linn County?
2. Do I Need an ID to Register?
3. Do I Register at School or Home?
4. What Type of ID Do I Need to Vote?
5. Where Do I Vote?
6. How Can I Vote?