How do I cancel a No Contact Order if I'm the victim of domestic violence?

First, you must attend the Domestic Abuse meeting at the Linn County Attorney’s Office scheduled for you by law enforcement. If the charge is a simple misdemeanor, you will fill out a form explaining why you would like the No Contact Order canceled and then the attorney will take it to a judge to be approved. If the crime is a serious misdemeanor, aggravated misdemeanor or a felony, you will have to sign a form requesting a hearing to cancel the No Contact Order. You will then have to appear in court on the date of the hearing and the judge will rule if the No Contact Order can be lifted. These hearings are usually scheduled 2 to 3 weeks in the future.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a No Contact Order?
2. What if charges have not been filed but I would still like a No Contact Order?
3. Are my children covered by the No Contact Order in my criminal court case?
4. How do I cancel a No Contact Order if I'm the victim of domestic violence?
5. What if I'm the victim of sexual assault and I do not want to report it to law enforcement or charges have not been filed and I want a No Contact Order?
6. What if I no longer want to press charges?
7. How long does the criminal justice process take?
8. Why have I not heard anything about the case in which I am a victim?
9. I have moved out of state. Does this mean the charge will be dropped?
10. Why is the trial date being reset and why is this case taking so long to go to trial?
11. What is a subpoena?
12. I received a subpoena for a day/time that I have to work. What do I do?
13. What is a deposition?
14. What types of out-of-pocket expenses can I claim for restitution?
15. Can I ask for pain and suffering?
16. If a case has been dismissed or the jury found the defendant not guilty, do I still receive restitution?
17. What is a Victim Impact Statement and what should I include?
18. How will I receive my court ordered restitution?
19. What do I do if I have not received my court ordered restitution from the defendant?