To make a reservation to ride LIFTS, call 319-892-5170, dispatch will be connected. Please call between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance.
LIFTS will not accept reservations in the form of a phone message, but you can leave us a message to call you back and make a reservation. Individuals should schedule rides at least one day prior to but no more than thirty days in advance of the day they need a ride. LIFTS will provide same-day service if space is available.
Be prepared to provide the following information when speaking with our staff:
- Any special loading instructions, such as use alley, side door, call ahead, etc.
- Appointment time (if any), or requested time for pick up
- Date riding
- Description of special needs, such as using a wheel chair, type of wheel chair (electric, extra wide, etc.) oxygen tank, service animal, escort, etc.
- Doctor’s name and phone number (if any)
- Drop off address
- Name and contact number of the person requesting the reservation
- Pick up address (include apartment or suite number)
- Your name (rider's name if calling in for someone)
LIFTS staff will then negotiate a pickup time within a two hour window (one hour each way) of your initially requested time. Once a time has been negotiated the bus may arrive 15 minutes before or after this time based on delays or cancellations that occur.