Can I operate a business from my home in Linn County?

It is possible to operate a business from your home if the business meets certain criteria. A permit is required if any of the following are true of your business: has non-resident employees, has more than five customer visits in one day or more than three at once, has commercial vehicles or business equipment parked outside all or a portion of an accessory building is being used for the business. Please contact the Planning and Development Staff to determine whether your particular business will require a permit. Home occupations requiring a permit are granted by the Linn County Board of Adjustment after review and recommendation by the Planning and Zoning Commission. The regulations in the Unified Development Code governing Home Occupations is Article VI, Section 107-113(h).

Show All Answers

1. What permits are required to build a house in Linn County?
2. What is the "farm exemption" and what qualifies for the exemption?
3. Is there a deadline for submitting my application for next month's agenda?
4. Where do I obtain agendas for Linn County zoning meetings?
5. How do I find out what the current zoning is for a certain property in Linn County?
6. Can I operate a business from my home in Linn County?
7. What are the required lot sizes and setbacks?
8. What is the status of my Linn County zoning case?
9. My property is subject to deed restrictions (covenants). What are they and does Linn County enforce them?
10. What do I need to do to divide my property in rural Linn County?
11. Can I separate the original farmhouse from the farm?
12. How can I find out if my property has a mapped FEMA floodplain on it?
13. How do I get an elevation certificate for my house or proof that my house is not located in a floodplain?